1. The library remains open from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
2. Books shall not be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the Librarian and until it has been properly entered in the issue register and the entry attested by the borrower.
3. Each borrower must examine the condition of books before they are issued. Otherwise in case of mutilation discovered later the presumption will be against the borrower.
4. Books shall be returned within the period allowed to borrower.
5. When the date for the return of a book is due on an authorised holiday, it may be returned to the library on the day the library reopens.
6. All books belonging to the library and in the possession of borrowers shall be returned to the library before the college closes for the long vacation on or before date notified for the purpose.
7. Any body in possession of a library book shall return it to the library whenever he / she receives a requisition notice for the return of the book from the Principal.
8. Books taken out of the library must be returned to the Librarian at the counter.
9. No marginal notes or other notes or marking shall be made in the library books nor shall any picture or pages be removed or turn or otherwise disfigured. In extreme cases, the borrower shall be aksed to replace the book damaged by him/her. Students dog- earning the pages of the books shall be severely dealt with.
10. The Librarian will report to the Principal the names of the borrowers responsible for improper use of library books.
11. Although ordinarily there will be no restriction on the use of books in the library, the Principal has the right to stop the issue of certain books to all or some intending borrowers.
12. A borrower against whom any overdue or other charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow books from the library.
13. If any borrower keeps a library book in his / her possession for more than the time allowed for the purpose, no more books will be issued to him until the book concerned is restored to the library. In extreme cases the privilege of using the library may be denied to such persons.
14. All those who may happen to be inside the library or in its neighbourhood are expected to observe strict silence. The librarian shall see that rule of silence is strictly observed and report willful breach of the rule.
15. The library premises should not be used for any purpose other than reading of or consulting the books and periodicals of the library.
16. Spitting / smoking inside the library is strictly forbidden.
17. Cases of incivility either on the part of intending borrowers of the library staff or of any unathorised person who might happen to be inside the library should at once be reported to the Principal.
18. An unauthorized person who tries to force his way into the library may be turned out of the library by the library staff.
19. None but the teaching staff / the ministerial staff may go beyond the library counter.
20. The following is a list showing the maximum number of books that may be issued to the various classes of borrowers subject to the availability of books.
a) Members of the teaching staff – 15
b) Ministerial Staff – 2
c) Class IV Employees – 1
d) Students (pass) – 2 / Honours – 3
If a book has several volumes each volume should be treated as one book.
21. A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him only when nobody else wants to take the book. Books before reissue shall be presented before the Librarian for necessary entires in the Registers.
Books of reference, maps, text books, syllabus of Sambalpur University / CHSE (Odisha), current issues of periodical and rare books shall not be issued for use at home without the special permission of the Principal.
Current issued of all periodicals shall not be issued for use at home before the arrival of their next issued.
23. Members of the teaching staff, the ministerial staff and others may take books from the library on signing the issue Register. Students must take out book on library cards which will be given to them in the beginning of each session along with their identity Cards.
24. Any books lost, damaged or defaced by a borrower must be replaced by replaced by him. If the books is one of a set or series must be replaced at the readers cost. If the book is rare and irreplaceable the borrower must pay an amount up to a maximum of five times of the value of double the current catalogue price of the book whichever is higher.
25. In those cases in which the current price of the lost books cannot be ascertained he would be required to pay as compensation any amount fixed by the Principal.
26. A person who borrows books from the library is supposed to have agreed to abide by them. Ignorance of the library rules will be no excuse for the breach of any rule.
1. In the case of those students who do not return the library book within the time allowed, a fine of Re. 1.00 per book will
be charged for each day of delay subject to a minimum of ten rupees. The library shall send on the 15th of every month a fine
list of the previous month along with a statement, showing the names of students in whose case the fine could be more than
one rupee. The fine will be taken from him along with the tuition fee of that month.
27. Any student who wants to take books from the library should fill his library card properly and present to the librarian along
with the Identity card. He should also present his card to the Librarian whenever he wants to return a book.
28. Ordinarily no student will be allowed to keep library books with him during the Summer Vocation.
29. If a student loses his card, another card will be issued to him on application and on payment of Rs.10/-
30. Loss of Library Card should be intimated to the Librarian immediately.
Reading room factilities are provided in the Library building. Students and members or the staff can make use of these facilities for referring to books, journals, newspaper etc. Ordinarily one book or journal at a time may be issued to every students. All such books, journals must be returned to the librarian 15 minutes before the Library/Reading Room closes for the day. If a student fails to return the books/journals a fine of Re.1 (One rupee) per day per copy will be imposed on him/her with a maxmimum of double the cost of the said Book/Journal.
Book Bank facilities are provided to the students to borrow text books for an entire academic session on payment of 1/10th of the cost of the book. Any number of books can be borrowed from the Book Bank.
Xerox facility : Students and staff can make photocopies of text / reference book by paying Re.1 per exposure up to 25% of a book.